Howell, Buchan & Strong, Attorneys at Law provides three, $500 scholarships to help nursing students pay for their education. The scholarship program, available to undergraduate and graduate students, is intended to encourage scholastically outstanding students as they prepare academically for careers in the nursing field.
Announcing Our Scholarship Winner
We're pleased to announce our winner, Tyler Ricci who completed his third quarter of the nursing program at Galen College of Nursing. What's unique about Tyler is that he started nursing school in his 30s motivated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I was inspired by the struggles others in the nursing industry faced during the pandemic. Witnessing that has driven me to work hard to be part of the team of nurses who are doing everything they can to help the community," said Ricci who has many goals for the future to put his education to good use and give back to his local community as a nurse.
Our scholarship review team was impressed with his level of dedication to the industry. Ricci is enrolled in five days of classes as a full-time student as well as a 12-hour weekly clinical.
The Howell, Buchan & Strong Nursing Scholarship is available three times a year to undergrad and graduate-level nursing students. The goal is to encourage bright students to stay motivated in their careers and to award scholarships to aid those who are determined. Our attorneys are interested in supporting the nursing community and students who are furthering their education in the health care field.
Scholarship Application Requirements and Dates
- Scholarship applicants must be a Florida resident as well as be a full- or part-time enrolled at a Florida are required to send transcripts from high school or college
- One typed essay (500-1,000 words)
- One-time $500 scholarship to apply towards education finances (textbooks, room, and board, etc.)
- The Howell, Buchan & Strong Scholarship is offered three times annually and application dates are open, January to April, May to August, September to December.
- One $500 scholarship award per winning applicant. Three total scholarships are awarded each year.