Background Screening: Exemption Applications with AHCA and DOH
A past criminal record can disqualify medical students and professionals from obtaining a job or license in Florida. But there is a way Howell, Buchan, and Strong can solve this problem for you.
The AHCA and its Background Screening Unit offer an exemption to people with a criminal record and concerns about it impacting their ability to work in the healthcare field.
The exemption is a comprehensive procedure that includes providing official documentation and demonstrating things to enable you to work in a health facility. Here we discuss how you can apply for a background screening in Florida:
Who Can Apply For Exemption for Disqualification?
You are eligible for an exemption for disqualification if you meet the following criteria:
- It has been approximately three years since your lawful release or completion from supervision, confinement, or nonmonetary conditions
- You paid the complete court-ordered amount for any fund, fine, fee, civil judgment, cost of prosecution, application, or trust
- You’ve achieved completion and lawful release from supervision, confinement, and nonmonetary conditions
What Does Florida Law Require?
Florida law has stringent criteria that clients must meet before obtaining an exemption for disqualification. According to Florida law, you have to provide the following documents and proof:
- The facts and circumstances surrounding the offense(s)
- The nature of the harm to the victim;
- Whether the person is on probation or parole;
- The length of time since the last offense;
- The history of the person since the disqualifying offense;
- Work experience
- Personal references
- Performance evaluations
- Probation or parole violations
- Other evidence of rehabilitation
- Honesty and candor,
Unfortunately, proving your case requires you to show clear evidence, meaning winning an exemption can be arduous. For this reason, our lawyers recommend you double-check the following documents before submitting any background screening exemption application:
- You have a complete copy of your arrest record or criminal charge.
- You have a complete copy of the Final Order or judgment sentencing you for the crime.
- You have written documentation showing that the sentence was completed and that there are no more fines or probation to be served.
- Letters of recommendation from employers, ministers, and community leaders can be helpful. However, the agencies do not base their decision solely on such.
Why Howell, Buchan, and Strong for Background Screening Exemption Applications?
Our firm has extensive experience with Background Screening Exemption Applications. Contact our experienced and diligent lawyers and allow us to take the stress of gathering the proper documents off your shoulder.
Our qualified and experienced lawyers prove your entitlement to an exemption by helping you write a stellar application and adding necessary supporting documents. In addition, our proficient lawyers use convincing evidence to argue your case before an AHCA hearing panel and DOH professional board.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact the law offices of Howell, Buchan, and Strong at Law for a free consultation to get started on your application for exemption. Book an appointment in any of our four locations:
Orlando (407) 717-1773 |Tallahassee (850) 877-7776 | Tampa (813) 833-6726 | Sarasota (941) 779-4348