Healthcare Scholarship Application
Phipps & Howell is a law firm headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida. We represent Florida healthcare professionals and facilities in disputes with government agencies, professional boards, and courts of law. Together, Jeff Howell and Rickey Strong have more than 30 years of relevant legal experience.
Phipps & Howell is offering three $500 scholarships to help nursing students pay for their education. The scholarship program, available to undergraduate and graduate students, is intended to encourage scholastically outstanding students as they prepare academically for careers in the nursing field.
All scholarship applications must be completed by the deadline of April 20, 2018.
The selected recipient will receive a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States. They must be enrolled full-time or part-time at a Florida college or university, working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in Nursing.
To be considered for a Phipps & Howell scholarship, applicants must submit a short essay, 350 words or less, responding to the prompt, “Why are you interested in a career in healthcare?”
The essay must be submitted through the form below and is due by Friday, April 20, 2018. Recipients of the scholarship will be selected and notified by June 29, 2018, and financial disbursement will take place during August 2018.
Terms and Conditions
By applying for the Phipps & Howell scholarship, you agree to these terms:
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered for the Phipps & Howell scholarship awards.
- You may not apply for more than one scholarship, and you only need to complete one profile to be considered for a scholarship.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as a scholarship recipient.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must be enrolled in an accredited college or university located in the state of Florida.
- By applying for a scholarship, the applicant grants Phipps & Howell permission to post their name on the Phipps & Howell website or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a publicity release granting Phipps & Howell permission to use their photo on the Phipps & Howell website and in other marketing communications.
- If winners do not reply by the date specified in the online acceptance form, Phipps & Howell reserves the right not to award the scholarship to the winner, and to award the scholarship to another applicant or to redistribute the scholarship award dollars to another scholarship.
- See eligibility requirements for each scholarship for more details.
What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
This depends largely on how many students apply for the scholarship. Typically, scholarships that are limited to students within the state have a better chance of winning than other scholarships, so you have a great chance of receiving a scholarship. The more applicants there are for a particular offer, the less chance you have of winning. Also, keep in mind that Phipps & Howell law firm will be giving away three scholarships.
How does experience in the nursing profession increase my chances of receiving a scholarship?
Experience in the nursing profession does not increase your chances of winning the scholarship, but it may give you great material to include in the essay portion of the scholarship.
Is my G.P.A. needed to apply for this scholarship?
No. You do not need to submit your G.P.A to apply for this scholarship.
How quickly will I be notified?
You will typically be notified within a week of the deadline, though the notification deadline may vary depending on the number of applicants.
How does Phipps & Howell choose a winner?
Each scholarship will be chosen at random by Phipps & Howell. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.